Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12, 2009

Had a fabulous event last evening at Deighan Associates, Registered Investment Advisors. A great friend of the arts, Deighan Associates hosted an invitation only reception for artists that the firm has featured on holiday cards each year for the last 9 years. Each artist hung a selection of works for sale and Deighan Associates is making a contribution to the Maine Community Foundation's new Penobscot County Fund, based on 10% of sales for the evening. The event was great fun. I got to meet artists that I hadn't known, the turnout was terrific, and sales were brisk. Only thing is, I brought my newest island paintings previously referenced in this blog, but I hadn't scanned them yet for posting. And they all sold. So, my promise of new postings will be postponed probably until I return from Great Spruce Head Island at the end of June.

Thanks so much to Deighan Associates for doing so much for artists and the community. Visit their website at www.deighan.com as well as Maine Community Foundation: www.mainecf.org

No comments:

Post a Comment